N. Tryon St., Charlotte, NC
No longer standing
The Charlotte News of September 17, 1914, cited Asbury as architect and Jones as contractor for the new J. B. Ivey and Company store built in that year. It was followed in 1924 by a new Ivey’s store designed by William H. Peeps, which is the only one of Charlotte’s downtown department stores still standing.