Hillsborough St., Raleigh, NC
The Raleigh News and Observer of May 12, 1910, reported on plans to build a “permanent” building of reinforced concrete at the State Fair grounds to replace old wooden structures. It was to have a “pagoda” overlooking the race track. The $6,750 contract was awarded to York and Cobb of Greenville, the firm then completing the Engineering Building at present NCSU. The fairgrounds was located north of Hillsborough Street near present NCSU. It is not clear that the building cited in 1910 was actually built; it was later relocated farther west on Hillsborough Street at its present site.