Cape Fear Club

Contributors:
C. H. P. Gilbert, architect; Joseph F. Leitner, supervising architect; Kenneth M. Murchison, Jr., consulting architect; Wallace and Osterman, contractors
Dates:

1912

Location:
Wilmington, New Hanover County
Street Address:

124 N. 2nd St., Wilmington, NC

Status:

Standing

Type:

Fraternal

Images Puslished In:

Beverly Tetterton, Wilmington: Lost But Not Forgotten (2005).

Note:

The white-columned, red brick edifice, “patterned closely after the Colonial style of architecture” was designed by New York architect C. H. P. Gilbert with Kenneth Murchison, as consulting architect. The men’s club was founded in 1852 and reorganized in 1866 by former Confederate officers and others and is still active.