St. Stephen's Episcopal Church
Henry E. Bonitz, architect (1906); James Murray, bricklayer (1855-1857); Charles Palmer, builder (1855-1857); John W. Priest, architect (1855-1857); A. J. Riggs, carpenter (1855-1857)
1855-1857; 1906 [extension]
Goldsboro, Wayne County
200 N. James St., Goldsboro, NC
The brick church as completed in 1857 features the narrow pointed-arched windows and exposed truss roof characteristic of the Gothic Revival and the architecturally defined chancel promoted for authentic liturgical practices by the Ecclesiological Society. Wilmington architect Bonitz designed the 1906 extension and the Parish House.